October 16, 2020 14:00
Weekly 2:30pm - 11:00pm, Sat-Wed
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of this classification is to perform routine building and grounds maintenance and custodial tasks. Works with limited supervision of the Building Facilities Chief.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Sweeps and mops floors. Vacuums and shampoos carpets.
- Scours restroom fixtures and drinking fountains. Washes windows and mirrors.
- Empties trash containers. Picks up litter.
- Performs routine building maintenance tasks.
- Maintains regular and predictable on-site attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent, one to two years’ custodial and/or cleaning experience preferred.
- Ability to pass a rigorous background security check to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Area (SIDA) badge. Valid IN driver’s license required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
LANGUAGE ABILITY AND INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION
- Ability to assemble, copy, record and transcribe data and information, following a prescribed plan requiring the exercise of some judgment. Ability to compare, count, differentiate, measure and/or sort data and information.
- Ability to explain, demonstrate and clarify to others within well-established policies, procedures and standards. Ability to follow specific instructions and respond to simple requests from others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with airline personnel, car rental personnel, airport users, and vendor representatives. Airport management, equipment service/repair personnel and control tower personnel.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and calculate percentages, fractions and decimals.
JUDGEMENT AND SITUATIONAL REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to use functional reasoning and apply rational judgment in performing diversified work activities.
- Ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the evaluation of information against sensory and /or judgmental criteria, as opposed to criteria which are clearly measurable.
- Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, feet and limbs in performing skilled movements such as various equipment use.
- Ability to exert required physical effort to perform moderate to heavy work, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to recognize and identify similarities or differences between characteristics of colors, shapes, sounds, odors and textures associated with job-related objects, materials and tasks. Ability to visualize, when announced by pilot or tower, the aircraft position and path it will take approaching the airport and while moving on the ground.
- Ability to work under occasionally hazardous and uncomfortable conditions where exposure to environmental factors such as temperature variations, odors, toxic agents, noise, vibrations, wetness, machinery, electrical currents and/or dust may cause or causing discomfort and where there is a risk of injury.
The Evansville-Vanderburgh Airport Authority District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the Airport will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Reports directly to the Evansville-Vanderburgh Airport Authority District Building Facilities Chief.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.06 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Experience: Custodial Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Shift Availability: Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: No