August 13, 2020 07:42
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 13, 2020
For more information contact:
Evansville Regional Airport
Email: [email protected]
Evansville, Ind. - Following the success of the JetStream Music Festival earlier this year, Evansville Regional Airport (EVV) will once again partner with airports across the U.S. to host JetStream Summer Fest on Aug. 19, 2020. The event will take place on Facebook Live and includes an all-star lineup of musicians.
Celebrating “Live Music at a Safe Distance,” 12 North American airports will join EVV for the free, multi-hour livestreamed event. The stream will feature performances by local musicians representing each participating city, including a special guest: Grammy-award-winning musician, Kenny Loggins.
“Just as airports connect people, places and cultures, music also serves as a great connection to our communities and the world,” said Nate Hahn, Executive Director of Evansville Regional Airport. “And during a season typically full of music festivals and events, like Parks Fest, ROMP and W.C. Handy Blues Festival, COVID19 has forced us to adapt and become more creative, so we are thrilled to be a part of this second collective partnership, which allows us to bring even more music to our audience at a safe distance and showcase Evansville’s arts on the national stage.”
Evansville musician, Monte Skelton, will perform on behalf of EVV and the Greater Evansville Region during the event, which kicks off at 5 p.m. CST via EVV’s Facebook page. Viewers can tip musicians through virtual tip jars and join the celebration on social media by using the hashtag #JetStreamFest. Support for Monte Skelton can be offered via www.PayPal.me/monteskelton
The full lineup for the festival will feature:
- Monte Skelton - Evansville Regional Airport (EVV)
- Jackie Venson - Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
- Kendal Conrad – Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE)
- Ayana Sade – Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
- Chuck Courtenay – Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
- Destiny L. & Taifa - Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)
- Bashiri Asad – Indianapolis International Airport (IND)
- Lucy Michelle - Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Ribo Ruckus – El Paso International Airport (ELP)
- Jason Feddy - John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Hilo Hi-Flyers – Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- Champagne Sunday - Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Kenny Loggins – Santa Barbara Airport (SBA)
For more information, including how to view the event – click here.
About Evansville Regional Airport
Evansville Regional Airport (EVV) offers competitive-priced connectivity to hundreds of domestic and international destinations with frequent daily flights to five top-rated, major hub cities - Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas and Detroit, as well as low-cost, nonstop flights to Destin and Orlando, Florida. Served by Allegiant, American Airlines, Delta and United, EVV is an easy, affordable and welcoming gateway to and from southwest Indiana, western Kentucky and southeast Illinois.
About Monte Skelton
Award-winning Evansville musician Monte Skelton has performed with the legendary group The Temptations and renowned jazz vocalist Sherrie Bias, among many other famed musicians. Skelton, a University of Evansville alumni and music educator at Evansville Music Academy, plays more than 20 musical instruments, performing at events and venues across the Midwest. Along with his extraordinary musical talents, Skelton is known for his kind heart and optimistic outlook on life, even during the hardest of times.