April 29, 2021 08:00
$12 an hour
- US work authorization (Required)
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
REPORTS TO: Airfield Maintenance Chief
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
STATUS: Full Time
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of this classification is to assist in the performance of routine and immediate maintenance tasks for airport operations, equipment and property. This position is for the summer season only available May - August/September.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Mows and trims grass and weeds. Removes trees and brush. Sprays weeds.
- Assists in sealing pavement cracks. Operates tar kettle and associated paving equipment.
- Assists in painting runway and taxiway markings according to specifications, and roads and parking lots.
- Sweeps pavement and sidewalks with a hand broom and vacuum sweeper.
- Assists Maintenance Technician II and I in their daily operational duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Skill in the use of tools and the operation of machines and equipment employed in grounds keeping and landscaping
- Knowledge of Standard English grammar, punctuation, and spelling and ability to perform arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public in a courteous, effective, and tactful manner.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent, one to two years’ light equipment, grounds keeping, maintenance and repair work experience preferred.
- Successful pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Ability to pass a rigorous background security check to obtain and maintain a Security Identification
- Area (SIDA) badge. Valid IN driver’s license required.
LANGUAGE ABILITY AND INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION
- Ability to assemble, copy, record, and transcribe data and information, following a prescribed plan requiring the exercise of some judgment. Ability to compare, count, differentiate, measure, and/or sort data and information.
- Ability to explain, demonstrate and clarify to others within well-established policies, procedures, and standards. Ability to follow specific instructions and respond to simple requests from others.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and calculate percentages, fractions, and decimals.
JUDGEMENT AND SITUATIONAL REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to use functional reasoning and apply rational judgment in performing diversified work activities.
- Ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness, and creativity required in situations involving the evaluation of information against sensory and /or judgmental criteria, as opposed to criteria that are clearly measurable.
- Frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lifting of up to 100 pounds maximum.
- Ability to operate equipment and machinery requiring complex and rapid adjustments, painting equipment, mower, chain saw, sprayers, etc.
- Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, feet and limbs in performing skilled movements such as various equipment use.
- Ability to exert required physical effort to perform moderate to heavy work, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to recognize and identify similarities or differences between characteristics of colors, shapes, sounds, odors, and textures associated with job-related objects, materials, and tasks. Ability to visualize, when announced by pilot or tower, the aircraft position and path it will take approaching the airport and while moving on the ground.
- Ability to work under occasionally hazardous and uncomfortable conditions where exposure to environmental factors such as temperature variations, odors, toxic agents, noise, vibrations, wetness, machinery, electrical currents, and/or dust may cause discomfort and where there is a risk of injury.
The Evansville-Vanderburgh Airport Authority District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Airport will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Job Type: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $12.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Company's website: www.flyevv.com
Work Remotely: No
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place